Help with locating a Victoreen Thyac (Model 389)

Radsafers;

First let me thank everyone who assisted me earlier with finding a tech

manual on this historical instrument. It was a great help!

We have now figured out that the electonics in this instrument may have

given results that are significantly different than the theoretical values

that we have calculated/inferred for it today. In order to accurately

determine the Thyac's MDA (as it was used in the 1950's), we should probably

try to obtain and test an original instrument.

If anyone has access to a WORKING Victoreen Model 389 Thyac with a 1B85 thin

window probe, please contact me on private e-mail. We would be interested in

borrowing/renting the instrument to perform some simple tests.

I have already contacted Victoreen, and the Thyac in Dr. Frame's excellent

collection is not functional.

Thanks in advance.

Harry Anagnostopoulos, CHP

Senior Health Physicist