From: Larson, Kaye M BAMC-Ft Sam Houston [mailto:Kaye.Larson@CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 12:20 PM
To: Radsafe Mail list
Subject: RE: Apparent anti-correlations between geographic radiation and c ancer are not surprising

I agree that population does not explain the rates in all areas.  I was looking at the counties in North and South Dakota that are coded red.  These counties are extremely rural, and have very low populations (including few white males).  The one factor that they all may share is the lack of health care, and a very impoverished population.

Kaye Larson