Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 14:28:16 -0500

From: Norman Cohen <ncohen12@comcast.net>

Subject: Re: Three Mile Island intruder(?)

Hi Steven

I recall reading about this on our 'anti' nuke lists. I've written TMI Alert for

details.

Norm

Steven Dapra wrote:

> December 31, 2002

> This claim about a 'station wagon intruder' was found in an article by Dan

> Hirsch, president of the Committee to Bridge the Gap. Does anyone know

> anything about this? Did someone drive onto the TMI site as Hirsch claims?

> "Finally, after the truck bomb attack on the World Trade Center in 1993

> and an event at Three Mile Island in which an intruder drove a station

> wagon through the perimeter and into the turbine building, where he stayed

> for hours while security tried to figure out if he had a bomb, the NRC

> adopted a new rule requiring some measure of protection against truck bombs."

> The article was in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (link below).

> The citation to the article is: 58(1):38-44; Jan./Feb. 2002.

> <http://www.thebulletin.org/issues/2002/jf02/jf02hirsch.html>

> (I'm not gullible, but I am curious.)

> Steven Dapra

> sjd@swcp.com

This email message from the law firm of McCarter & English, LLP is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email (or helpdesk@mccarter.com) and destroy all copies of the original message.