RE: Apparent anti-correlations between geographic radiation and cancer are no...

Kai,

It has been shown many times that economics is an important factor in risk.

I suggest that you look at the classic report (well, I think it is a classic

report) written by Dr. Bernard Cohen, "Catalog of Risks Extended and

Update," Health Physics, 61: 3, Pp 317-335, 1991.  It can be found at

http://www.phyast.pitt.edu/~blc/Catalog_of_Risks.pdf  As Dr. Cohen shows,

live expectancy is dramatic reduced for those living in the lowest

socioeconomic level.

As I interpret the graphs, the loss of life expectancy for being a radiation

worker is 10 days, while days lost living with nuclear power reduces your

life expectancy by 2 days (anti-nuclear people) or by 0.05 days (government)

for the general population.

-- John

John P. Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  jenday1@msn.com

The comments presented are mine and do not reflect the opinion of my

employer or spouse.