world's fair irradiated dimes

Hello Radsafers, I apologize for my offer to not bid on ebay irradiated

dimes that others may be bidding on.  It was pointed out to me that this

may be a violation of ebay policy, and it makes sense, of course.  (No

bidders have contacted me, so I want to nip this in the bud.)  PLEASE DO

NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON EBAY!

I hope it's obvious that my impulse had it's origin in basic good will:  if

I were sitting at a local evening auction, and my friend was bidding on a

lamp, it would be bad form to bid against him.  This case is different, and

I realize I should retract any such offers.  In the future, I will not

discuss any bids placed on ebay on this list.  The list is better served by

discussing far more important issues.

Thanks, however, to those who weighed in on the existence and history of

these dimes!  :-)

Peter Sandgren

Training Division

GIS Operations

Connecticut Office of Emergency Management