RE: Brochure

Dear Okiar,

I’ll give you some suggestion now and when be back to Israel next 28 I will

support you with more information, not available with me, now in Brazil.

As you have request the intention of the Turkish Atomic Energy Authority is

communication to public in case of radiological accident. Your purpose is

education in simple language and the best way to start, is looking at the

the following IAEA site to have an idea of the type of message.

http/www.iaea.or.at/worldatom/Periodicals/Factsheets/English/radlife.html

In such site will find   a simple way to inform about radiation in everyday

life, what is radioactivity, types of radiation, radiation dose, radiation

protection, level of the radiation considered harmful and risks and

benefits.

You should also to download the following documents:

a) INES at the site

http://www.iaea.or.at/worldatom/Periodicals/Factsheets/English/ines-e.pdf

The International Nuclear Event Scale, INES, important to classify the type

of accident.

b) Promotion of Safety in Nuclear Installations at

http://www.iaea.or.at/worldatom/Periodicals/Factsheets/English/safetynuclins

tall.pdf

c) The lecture of the following article, TIMELY ACTION STRENGTHENING THE

SAFETY OF RADIATION SOURCES & THE SECURITY OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS: IAEA

BULLETIN, 41/3/1999 - By Abel Gonzales, that you can download at

http://www.iaea.org/worldatom/Periodicals/Bulletin/Bull413/article1.pdf

d) Communication on Nuclear, Radiation, Transport and Waste Safety: A

Practical Handbook available at

http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/te_1076_prn.pdf

Finally, your country have had a very bad experience with the recent

Radiological Accident in Istanbul, related at THE RADIOLOGICAL ACCIDENT IN

ISTAMBUL, IAEA REF: STI/PUB/1102, 2000 and today an important scenario used

in Training Course, both technical recovery, treatment of the victims and

also to Regulatory Authority in terms of control of sources.

You must inform the public the lessons of the accident and the steps made

by the Regulatory Authority to minimize the possibility of future accidents.

Please do not hesitate if you wish going ahead discussing subjects and

details

Good luck

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il