Re: Source - Hormesis at 3 rem/year expectable : Correction!, Removing False Fears

 howard long <hlong@pacbell.net> wrote:

Thank you for your observation,  JJ.

 I agree with the expected dose rate of about 3 rem/year for my proposed study.

However, those that "generally recognized" no observable effect below 10 rem/year
must not have reviewed data such as that presented by my classmate Myron Pollycove PhD MD of the NRC to Doctors for Disaster Preparedness July 01 in "Biologic and Epidemiologic Foundations for Radiation Hormesis". Detailed audio (which I just reviewed for the 4th time) and video (with 24 slides) tapes are available from jersnav@mindspring.com.

Howard Long

Howard, I have not seen anything that changes the statement of the HPS.  By the way, Dr. Polycove is not with the NRC.  You should also mention, for clarity that you are a director of to Doctors for Disaster Preparedness so your bias can be established.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird@yahoo.com