Re: hospital contamination incident

Safety Culture means characteristics and attitudes in organizations and

individuals which establishes, as an overriding priority, protection and

safety issues receive the attention warranted by their significance.

The IAEA Basic Safety Standards recommends: Responsible Parties, page 14,

1.9 – The General responsibilities of principal parties, within the

requirements specified by the Regulatory Authority are:

b) To develop, implement and document a protection and safety programme

commensurate with the nature and extent of the risks associated with the

practices...

(iii) To identify any failures and shortcomings in the protection and

safety and resources, and to take steps to correct them and prevent their

recurrence.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Brazil, until January 26