Re: hospital contamination incident

Is it ever too late for honesty?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 4:27 AM
Subject: Re: hospital contamination incident

1.  Perception is reality; just deal with it.  This isn't going to change.  The health physics profession has gone to great lengths to establish radiation as a uniquely dangerous hazard, which, by the way, requires lots of health physicists to protect the public.  We wrote the regulations, through groups such as the NCRP and ICRP.  It's too late to say, "just kidding."  I'm sure the "no serious consequences" philosophy is what Brookhaven management invoked to delay installing monitoring wells for the HFBR.  Now, it's the former HFBR.