RE: Geographical distribution of gamma radiation

Kai and folks,

The best person to talk to is the person who generated the terrestrial gamma

map at the URL given below.  His contact information:

jduval@usgs.gov

Joseph S. Duval

954 National Center

12201 Sunrise Valley Drive

Reston, VA  20192

phone: 703-648-6106

office fax: 703-648-6383

The digital datasets on which the terrestrial gamma map was based could be

used to generate county-by-county average gamma-exposure values by a person

with appropriate GIS skills.

Jim Otton

Energy Program

U.S. Geological Survey