Re: [Fwd: CURE for Rad Fear]

On 22 Jan 2003 at 18:23, John Jacobus wrote:

> My point is if you make external measurements, and then someone says that the risk is due to internal exposure, don't you think

> that the public will doubt your knowledge and understanding of the risk?  Do you think that this will instill confidence in your

> message?

I agree with you John. Taking actions that have no merit only serves to give the

"perception" reality and validity. If I recall, this discussion also occurred after the

Tokaimura accident, where the local government took external measurements where

there was no possibility of measurement, nor were they measuring for the

appropriate type of radiation. We as a profession need to stop taking actions solely

to pacify a population, when there is absolutely no benefit, and more importantly, no

scientific merit.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/