need for HPs

Radsafers,

Regarding the need for HP's, it seems like there's a little

misrepresentation going on.

The issue is that radiation companies (utilities, hospitals, etc.)  want a

pool of young HPs and engineers that they can dip into whenever they want

one, but they don't want to hire now because the management philosophy

de'jour is to run lean.  So in spite of the aging work force, there is

little hiring (replacement or otherwise).   IMHO this misrepresentation is

partly due to schools that want to ensure a supply of students, and partly

due to companies that want a supply to draw from on a "just-in-time" basis.

The result is that bright young people see the lack of job opportunity and

don't enter the field, and  (no surprise) the pool has dried up.

This is speculation on my part, but, as has been said before, the fact that

you're paranoid, doesn't mean someone's not out to get you.

My opinion only.  (Actually, management doesn't even know I have an

opinion.)

John Rich