Workshop on Occupational Radiation Protection

Dear Prof. Peña-Bernal and colleagues in address

of course our colleagues at the Department of Physics are participating at

the Conference organization!!!! (it is impossible such a large conference &

exhibition to be organized from a single person or a very reduced team!!).

Just look at the Conference website. As you can also see from the website,

and from our previous communications, and even our ads at some different

journals, we are opened to new collaborations and this is itself an open

project. We are receiving a very stimulating response from the whole

scientific community to this exciting and truly interdisciplinary forum (in

the form of abstracts, proposals for workshops, Call for Partners

presentations, etc.), where I am sure that very interesting papers will be

presented and also interesting "Calls for Partners" will take place.

Regarding the possibility of supporting the participation of participants

from Developing Countries in general, the organization itself can not

provide such a support in the terms of costing travel or accommodation

expenses, but we can study the possibiility of reduce the conference fee. In

any case, we ask all potencial participants needing some support to contact

us in about 2-3, since the existence of some sponsors could let us support

them even in the form of travel or accommodation grants. We provided such a

support in our last ICTE2002 conference (at which members of your group

participated) to some colleagues from Russia, Nigeria and other countries

with economical difficulties.

At this moment I would like to inform about the persons which will be mainly

in charge of the Advisory Committee regarding the Radiation Protection

Workshop (again, since the the website will be the main means of

communications with all participants, all this information is also available

from the Conference website). Again we would like to kindly ask all

potencial qualified experts to participate in the reviewing of papers, which

will lead to high quality special issues.

Dr. P.Galan Montenegro, University of Malaga and Spanish Society of Medical

Physics (SEFM), Spain

Habib Zaidi, Ph.D, Head of PET Instrumentation & Neuroscience Laboratory

(PINLab)

Geneva University, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland

Prof. Yu-Li Wang, Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics, University of

Massachusetts Medical School, USA

Dr. Jörg Peter, German Cancer Research Center, Head of the Functional &

Molecular

Emission Computed Tomography Group, Germany

Mohammed K. Zaidi, Radiological & Environ'al Sciences Lab, Ihaho Falls, USA

Dr. Nisy Elizabeth Ipe, Consultant, Shielding Design, Dosimetry & Radiation

Protection, La Mesa Drive, CA, USA

Stanley Batchelor, Head of the Radiation Safety Section, Medical Physics

Department, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital Trust, UK

Dr. Jan Skowronek, Laboratory of Radiometry, Central Mining Institute,

Poland

Dr. Luis Chiriboga, New York University School Of Medicine, NYU Cancer

Institute and

Bellevue Hospital Center, Department Of Pathology, NY, USA.

Regarding Proceedings of the Workshop, papers presented within the topics of

Radiation Protection and Safety will be reviewed for publication in a

special issue of Radiation Protection Dosimetry. Other radiation-related

papers will be included in the Physica Scripta special issue, as well as in

the book "Recent Advances in Applied Physics". Papers should be submitted AT

the conference, and will then be reviewed. Referees reports are expected to

be sent to all authors in about 1month after the Conference.

For all participants wishing to have a paper considered for ORAL

presentation, please note that we must receive your abstract by March 24th.

Thank you very much for your attention, and as Prof. Peña-Bernal did, I also

recommend all of you to visit us at this historical city of Badajoz!

Information about accommodation in Badajoz and the ways to reach Badajoz

from Madrid and Lisbon will be provided in due time. In any case, a

shutlle-bus will be provided by the conference organization to Madrid and

Lisbon international airports to transport participants to Badajoz, the day

before the Workshop.

Kindest regards,

A.Mendez-Vilas

APHYS-2003 Coordinator