AW: HPS IRC Poster Session Announcement

 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: 	owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]  Im Auftrag von

james.g.barnes@ATT.NET

Gesendet:	Donnerstag, 06. Februar 2003 20:46

An:	RadSafe Bulletin Board

Betreff:	HPS IRC Poster Session Announcement

Dear all,

Last month, we published an announcement for a poster session for non-US

participants who would not be attending the upcoming annual meeting of the

Health Physics Society.  The session is sponsored by the Society's

International Relations Committee.

We have had a good response to the announcement.  Please be advised that the

deadline for submittals has been extended to Wednesday, 12 February.  We

encourage anyone who wishes to participate to submit an Abstract.

The description of the program is provided below.

Thanks,

James Barnes, CHP

International Relations Committee; Health Physics Society

james.g.barnes@att.net <mailto:james.g.barnes@att.net

-------

One of the most important reasons why I attend conferences is the

possibility to have personal contact with fellow scientists, to discuss

about my own work and with my collegues about their work. Furthermore I take

the opportunity to learn even about other fields of research. Therefore I

cannot understand what it should be good for to send a poster to a

conference, without attending it. It is a kind of rule applied at all

conferences I ever have taken part or organized myself, that no papers,

which are not personally presented by the author(s) will not be published

for the proceedings.

If this trend goes on, we will have in the end conferences with hundreds of

posters and no participants!

Best regards,

Franz