RE: CSI Miami I-131 Episode

I certainly hope that Ruth is right: that art and entertainment do affect

how "ordinary people" think and feel.  All of my kids are in the arts, and

they certainly work on that premise.

I also concede that trying to change the art producers is a frustrating, and

often counterproductive experience.

But perhaps there is another way to look at this situation. If business

people, lawyers and politicians almost never acted in a blatantly unethical

manner, then being portrayed that way in a movie would be anomalous.  It

would be like occasionally seeing a soldier portrayed as cowardly--nothing

to worry about.  Similarly (watch it now, here's the zinger), if nuclear

professionals were generally quick to challenge inaccurate statements or

unwise policies by public officials, scientists, regulators, advisory

committees, etc., then a comment on a TV show might be needed less often and

would be seen as consistent with how we act during the rest of our lives.

Just a thought.

Ted Rockwell