Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 1:57 AM
Subject: RE: Feedback: Detectors being tested to spot radiation

How are they to determine the "legitimate" cargo being transported versus the suspect? Radioactive material is properly transported every day and I can only envision the problems/hassles that this could cause with no real upside. If these detectors are not located on every major thoroughfare, then what is the point? And if they are only identifying the transport vehicle, then how tough is it to dummy up a legitimate looking vehicle?   SK