Re: AW: Study: High-density storage of nuclear waste heightens terrorism risks

Feb. 14

	"We Europeans have a totally different opinion on the mass media campaign

of the US authorities to frighten citizens and by that way "justifying" a

war against a near east country, which would mostly hit an innocent

population.  I hardly can understand, how scientists can fall into all

these traps put forward by this administrations. You can always figure out

a scenario, where the fall of a stone from an alpine region would trigger

not only the next world war, but the total destruction of this world.

Similar thoughts seem to be the case now. There is no question that mass

media will jump on this horse! Only bad news are good news!

	"We European scientists do not regard such paranoid scenarios as possible,

which may helped, that they are not distributed on the press.

	"The European opinion is more than overwhelmingly against such ideas of

waging war in the near east and possibly employing nuclear weapons. I

hardly believe that these facts are distributed on US TV-networks."

	Franz, what you are saying may or may not be true, however it has nothing

to do with the consequences of a terrorist attack on the cooling ponds at a

power reactor, which is what Susan was asking about.  Perhaps we should

stick to the technical aspects and leave political science and U.S. foreign

policy out of this, (although I will say for the record that I am

unalterably opposed to a war with Iraq).

	Flames or excoriations, anyone?  Let's keep them off RADSAFE, please.

Send them to me at my address below.  Thank you.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com