From: John Andrews [mailto:andrewsjp@chartertn.net]
Sent: Wednesday,26 February 2003 11:06 AM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Cc: J. J. Rozental
Subject: Re: Nova - Dirty Bombs - Who is their expert - FYI

My thought while reading this is that perhaps we should ignore the

radioactivity of the dirty bomb. I mean hide the reality of the

radioactivity from the general population!  The bomb can do local damage

and the radioactivity will do little real damage even over the lifetime

of the exposed individuals.  If they are never told of the

radioactivity, then the psychological trauma will never occur.  What

would happen if we did not look for radioactivity or radiation?  What

would happen if we took our readings and called them all zero to the

press and the government controllers?  Would we all not be better off in

the long run.  The Soviet Union did this in Chelybinsk!  Of course that

was a MAJOR release.  But they did not tell anyone about it for what, 25

years!  Nor do most people in the US, or the world for that matter, know

anything about that event.  Perhaps this would be a better way to handle

the dirty bomb scenario.

Just a thought.

John Andrews

Knoxville, Tennessee

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privileged intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message. All care has been taken to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free. No responsibility is accepted for any virus infections caused by receipt of this message.