Re: Response to not telling the public about a dirty bomb

Hey guys, his idea has merit.  I would hesitate somewhat, but could see the

benefit (preventing undo panic and mental stress) of not telling someone

that they were given a dose below 1 Rem, if the situation warranted it.  My

wife informed me today that a doctor told her after getting a frontal and

side x-rays that the radiation was insignificant.  Put that in context with

trying to explain to 500 highly agitated persons that the contamination they

received down wind during a dirty bomb explosion was insignificant, even

though it would be probably less than the x-ray may wife had.  Its a no win

situation.

Dean Chaney, CHP

Mudville, USA