Re: AAP Statement on Radiation Disasters and Children

I have a question about KI use for terrorist inicidents.  I was at at

"Emergency Response Meeting" & someone stated that tincture of Iodine (3

drops) in a

glass of water or Betadine applied to the skin could be a good substitute

for the KI tablets.  I have never heard of this as a way to block the

thyorid & would like to know if anyone else has experience or information

on this issue.

Alex

Alex J. Grosso, Jr.

Health Physicist