AW: Bq Soon

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von

Bill.Teer@rw.doe.gov

Gesendet: Dienstag, 08. April 2003 14:42

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: Bq Soon

One measure that hasn't been mentioned is that of automobile gas mileage

(kilometerage?).  In the US, we measure miles per gallon and look for a

high number.  In metric countries, they measure kilometers/100 liters and

look for a low number.  This would cause mass confusion among the public,

not to mention the regulators (EPA).

^-------------------------

I do not know, where you receive your information from, but it is wrong and

unacceptable because of several reasons:

Miles per gallon and kilometers/100 liters are directly associated by a

conversion constant. To claim that metric countries try to minimize the

numbers of kilometers using 100 liters (the unit is unknown to me)is

absolute ridiculous - yes I use this word deliberately. Please give me your

references which I know that they do not exist. In Europe we measure the

gasoline comsumption of cars by liters/100 km for comparison. This is well

established and there are standards for comparing the gasoline consumption

of cars, which have to be published, when advertising for the various cars

and types.

I would like to ask you to verify your contribution to RADSAFE, before

sending it. Kilometers/100 liters of diesel is a unit which is usually used

for armoured vehicles and tanks which are now employed to "liberate" Iraq

and to kill thousands or probably tens of thousands of civilians and among

them women, children and elder people. (Sorry, you are probably watching CNN

and there you do not see the negative pictures.)

I have been accused of being agressive, but I think my comments are

appropriate. And I will go on, because many RADSAFErs have encoured me to do

it.

Franz