Re: Tooth Fairy Project- Nukes via drinking water causechildhood cancers

Ruth -

You? Obstreporous? Never! <grin>

Sorry you missed that opportunity ... I would have loved to have seen (or heard about) you going head to head with Sternglass.

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675
Fax: (404) 362-2653
E-mail: Jim_Hardeman@dnr.state.ga.us

>>> <RuthWeiner@AOL.COM> 4/10/2003 10:48:29 >>>
Mea Culpa!

I actually had an opportunity yesterday to attend this talk -- I gave a talk at FIU myself, on radwaste --  and I passed up the opportunity to confront Sternglass in order to talk to another class, which was a lot more fun.  I would only have got obstreporous.

If you have sunbstantive comments on this that show up on RADSAFE, I will forward them to the relevant faculty at FIU.  I talked to a couple of faculty before Sterngalss' talk, and gave them some ammunition for skepticism.  They were totally unfamiliar with the LNT, for example.  I think we need to get to university faculty more.

Ruth

RuthF. Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com