RE: dry ice

I've found that it highly depends on the cooler it is in. I have a Styrofoam

ice chest that guarantees it will keep things in it frozen for 7 days, and

it does. A friend of mine uses them to ship meat around the country. On the

other hand, I have a plastic Igloo cooler that can barely handle 3 days. The

plastic is more durable on camping trips/transportation, but I've

compensated by building a plywood case for the Styrofoam ice chest.