Re: New Scientist Reports on DU and Iraq

----- Original Message -----
From: maury
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: New Scientist Reports on DU and Iraq

How difficult must it have been in "Past studies of DU ..." to perform research on the radiation effects of DU and remain oblivious to toxic effects of DU and vice versa? From the content of New Scientist I've seen over the past couple years, my impression is that it is simply a "popular" magazine and by no stretch of the imagination does it resemble a scientific journal (whether peer reviewed or not). OK, follow the money, but great jumpin' butterballs, surely there remain some reasonable limits.

Maury,  If you are ever able to find where such "limits" exist, please let us know.
Whatever the problem, isn't further research always needed? Is it wise to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?        Jerry