Re: New Scientist Reports on DU and Iraq

How difficult must it have been in "Past studies of DU ..." to perform research on the radiation effects of DU and remain oblivious to toxic effects of DU and vice versa? From the content of New Scientist I've seen over the past couple years, my impression is that it is simply a "popular" magazine and by no stretch of the imagination does it resemble a scientific journal (whether peer reviewed or not). OK, follow the money, but great jumpin' butterballs, surely there remain some reasonable limits. Wonder if I really could prepare a sufficiently enticing grant application for reinventing the wheel. Or a literature review on that topic suitable for New Scientist??? After all, NASA floats ozone hole "problems" to facilitate its funding cycle with the Congress and EPA finds the "dangers" of arsenic in my water consumed over the past 75 yrs. Jeeez ....
Maury Siskel                 maury@webtexas.com