Re: As usual -- to account for these events, follow the money.

Maury,

    Your statement seems almost contrite, but I think you should stick to

your guns.

    I have also done much reviewing of environmental "science" studies

during

recent decades and conclude that almost all of it is driven by the paradigm

that man is "fouling his nest" and "destroying the planet" through greed,

thoughtless industrial development, and similar nonsense.

    Of course, on a relatively local scale, serious environmental damage can

and has been done (Minimata (Hg), Bhopal, etc.) However, on a global scale,

the ability of mankind's activities to affect the  environment is grossly

overrated. The earth will get along just fine regardless of whatever man

does or does not do. The greatest disasters, if any,  will be caused by

natural events. It seems that the worst damage man can do is to

make  apocalyptic predictions that divert precious resources from areas

where they could be beneficially applied and into the pockets those who cry

wolf. JMHO.