Re: Award offer

Is there some implication that low-cost housing is built on radon prongs?  Or that builders seek out low-radon sites for expensive homes?  Or that soemhow people who could afford to move out of high-radon areas moved to low radon areas and let the high-radon areas deteriorate?  Sounds like hogwash to me.

Re "lower SES = more smoking"

1.  I never smoked because when I started college I couldn't afford cigarettes (I was truly lower SES)

2.  The people I know who still smoke are spread across all socioeconomic classes.

3.  I LOATHE refrigerated air conditioning!

4.  Where I live, everybody uses swamp coolers, which require open windows.

5.  Is there actually reliable published data on this?

Are these two alternatives some effort to have it both ways?

Ruth

ruthweiner@aol.com

--

Ruth F. Weiner