RE: Bernie Cohen's Reward Offer

At 05:35 PM 5/2/2003 -0600, Fritz A. Seiler wrote:

>Hi All,

>         First, I was not going to get involved in this thread,

>but now it seems that things have gotten much too far away

>from science into something .... well ....

>         So here I am again, on my "Scientific Method" soap box,

>reminding everybody that scientific work is based on physical

>laws, and physical laws connect some physical quantities to

>some others in a NUMERICAL fashion. Everything else is mere

>hand waving and speculation, not science!

Dear Dr. Seiler,

Isn't the major argument here really about the validity of LNT as the basis

for developing nuclear safety regulations and the side-argument about the

validity of ALARA?

This approach and these assumptions are said to increase costs in both

nuclear and non-nuclear fields.

Cheers,

RIchard