Re: My, what a dialogue!

Hi, Kevin,

I'd like to compliment you on the graciousness of your reply and let you

know that I've received nothing but wonderful help in understanding things

nuclear on this list, but I'm an outsider--just someone prompted to learn

more when the "dirty bomb" scares started 18 months ago.

I feel much better after joining this list. My instructions to my wife in

case of such an attack have changed from "run away as fast as possible" to

"stay put."

Oh, and keep asking questions and making sure you're doing things the

correct way. Today I saw a structural detail modified based on my

questioning of the original detail and my concern for its potential lack of

longevity. We all know our limitations. I won't play at being a structural

engineer, but you're darned sure I'll raise some red flags on something

that doesn't look right. I'm sure you won't do anything that stretches your

comfort level, either.

Funny story: on one project, I tried giving the project electrical engineer

instructions for circuiting the load-side of stage-lighting dimmers. He

wasn't getting it. He asked me to draw it. He put his stamp on my drawing

(which I didn't sign).

Cheers,

Richard