Re: respiratory tract dose - let's end the debate (simple as 1, 2, 3)

Dear all,

I can honestly tell that the people involved in the fray are capable of

great things when they put their minds to it. But I worry that we are doing

everybody a huge disservice by browbeating one another on this listserve.

The sooner we drop this particular line and tone in dialogue, the fewer

people will unsubscribe out of disgust.

In the meantime:

(1) Let's agree that Bill has raised some valid concerns regarding

competence and ethics issues that come into play when people are tasked with

domains beyond their particular sphere of expertise or experience.

(2) Let's also agree that one cannot make a determination of an individual's

competence (nor should one be made) based on the academic credentials

affixed to their names (e.g., CHP, Ph.D., etc.), by their current function,

nor by their line of questioning on this listserve.

(3) Finally, let's agree to be helpful if we decide to respond and to be

quiet if we choose not to be helpful - even for reasons that we may perceive

to be 'ethical'.

Grant