Re: The Bomb That Fell--was Gofman

Is there some easy way to reply to this list without pasting in the radsafe

addy?  I am used to the eGroups format where if you reply to a list message

it goes to the listserver, not to the individual posting the message.  This

seems to be a PITA, but maybe I am missing something.

The truth of the matter is that the "chicken littles" are not concerned with

facts.  In the case of heart disease, virtually every male over 40 will

exhibit at least some coronary artery blockage.  We live longer than we were

designed to, and we all are victims of mechanisms designed to protect us

from saber tooth tigers, etc., which mechanisms tend to cause us problems in

middle age with respect to our emotionally stressful lives (blood clotting,

adrenaline response, etc.).

Environmentalism has the character of religion, and it is exceedingly

difficult to win an argument over religion!  The PCB hysterical still

persists, myths about Love Canal will not go away, even the governments own

definitive study on acid rain is ignored.  And if an HP suggests low level

radiation ain't all that dangerous, he or she better duck...

Syd H. Levine

AnaLog Services, Inc.

Phone:  270-276-5671

Telefax:  270-276-5588