Re: Environmentalism & the US Constitution

    Not only does environmentalism have the character of religion,

IT IS A RELIGION!

Very few of its precepts are based on science  as we know it. It is largely

based an faith and therefore qualifies as a religion. Although many, if not

most, people consider themselves to be environmentalists, there are also

many who, like myself, are infidels. Accordingly, I believe that those laws

and regulations predicated on environmental beliefs (RCRA, CERCLA, ALARA,

"NLTism", etc. etc.) are unconstitutional. Certainly environmentalists are

entitled to their beliefs, but I don't think it is right that the government

squander my tax money  in support of religious beliefs to which I do not

subscribe.

    Anyone care to join in a class action lawsuit???