Re: Cardio disease citation--as promised, was Gofman

It is important to remember that death has a probability of 1.0.  If heart attacks are going up, deaths from cancer, accidents, etc., are going down.  If that is the case, you may want to more to Niagra to avoid cancers.  This effect could prove that low levels of ionizing radiation have a hormesis effect. Of course, the devil is in the details.

"Richard L. Hess" <lists@richardhess.com> wrote:
I would like to say that IF there is a substantial cluster of heart
disease, over time, it bears trying to see what the causes are. Whether
it's buried uranium or shovelling too much snow (the lake effect, you
know), we don't know yet.

I think it's important to understand first the extent of the cluster and to
see if someone who understands statistics can tell us from multiple years
if it's a trend or just a statistical blip.

As I stated in a previous message, I'd like to see 20 years or more of the
data, but I'm sure many of you are better equipped than I to analyze it.

I have been well educated by this group, but I still believe there are
things we don't know and sometimes, we can learn in unexpected places if we
listen with an open mind, but not jump to conclusions.
. . .

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Cert! ified Health Physicist