Re: Cardio disease citation--as promised, was Gofman

June 8

	Richard Hess wrote, "I think some people calling for citations of papers

are a bit unfair."  Since I have been calling for citations, I'll weigh in

on this.

	In his first posting (May 30) Mr. Ricciuti wrote (about John Gofman), "And

just WHO are We to be taking pot shots at a career spanning five or six

decades? Show me those references to his discredit--if you please."

	Reference . . . citation . . . whatever one calls it, it is the same

thing, and this began with Mr. Ricciuti asking for references.

	In the same e-mail he wrote, "Niagara Falls, New York, USA--was the free

world's largest Uranium metal production center for the entire Manhattan

A-bomb Project and beyond.  How many of you HPs knew that one? And yes, I

have the citation."  At the end of his first posting he wrote, "Dr. Gofman

links long term low level exposures to heart disease."

	Mr. Ricciuti seemed eager to assure his readers that he had citations,

and all I have asked is that he continue in the same vein.  Richard also

wrote, "Every research effort has to start with a seminal paper, but it has

to be thoroughly researched and documented."  I whole-heartedly agree, but

I construed what Mr. Ricciuti wrote as meaning that Gofman had already

written the paper and that it had been published.  After all, if Gofman

hadn't published this, how could Mr. Ricciuti have written that Gofman had

made this link?  I'm not asking for a citation to a paper that hasn't been

written . . .

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com