Re: Epidemiological musings of a non-biologist

Clayton,

The limitations of ecologic studies can be found in most basic epidemiology

text books or at: http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/

Causal effects in Epidemiology can be established using criteria such as

Bradford Hill, see: Bradford-Hill, A. The environment and disease: Association

or causation? President's address. Proceedings of the Royal Society of

Medicine 1965; 9:295-300.

http://www.bruha.com/fluoride/html/bradford-hill.html

Other interesting related papers can be found here:

http://www.aarst.org/radon_news.shtml