FW: Epidemiological musings of a non-biologist

-----Original Message-----

From: Bradt, Clayton

Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:23 AM

To: 'epirad@mchsi.com'

Subject: RE: Epidemiological musings of a non-biologist

Actually, I think all you have is an estimate of the time-average airborne

concentration of radon in each home, combined with an estimate of how much

time each individual spent in the home, right?  That information is assumed

to be linearly related to lung dose.  But the lung consists of many

populations of cells of various cell types. The lung dose is an average

representing the dose to every cell in the lung.