pnl.gov and word use

Hi Jim Dukelow at Pacific Northwest Laboratory:

I thank you for the explanation on the proper use of those two words.

I guess I'm just a little bit confused because of the notice at the end of your email.
Do you write or edit for the Pacific Northwest National Lab?

Jim writes:
>"In honor of Louis' general smart-a** smarter-than-thou approach to this list and
> of his concern about definitions, I offer the following:"

In answer to Jim:
Each time I get smart A** comments, I respond.
I have now changed my response method. Please see below and CC.

According to Funk & Wagnalls, my use is correct also -- Unless I read it incorrectly when I checked before I posted.

Would PNL.GOV be willing to edit my future writings/postings to bulletin boards, periodicals, editorials, etc. to avoid this confusion of English word use?
I sure would appreciate it.

I'll send all further correspondence to pnl.gov
Thanks,
LR
"Oh the free services offered with tax payer dollars--it makes me proud."

Please direct comments to:

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (English Department)
C/O
Jim Dukelow
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Richland, WA
jim.dukelow@pnl.gov
Mail sent at : 6/12/2003 3:19:27 PM Eastern Standard Time
Is that 11:19AM PST?

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.

AND NOT ME.

*All future correspondence of this nature will be dealt with similarly.
I hope I have the correct address.