Re: Uranium ore count rate levels

David Whitfill wrote:

> Given the fun that has been had with the old story on the hot rock at a

> school, I though some may find this interesting and somewhat amusing given

> all the present excitement on Radsafe:

> http://www.unitednuclear.com/med.htm

Amazing how attractive they manage to make those very ordinary rocks

look! Most geologists wouldn't pause to pick one up (unless they were

looking for a uranium mine site).  The rest of that website is also

fascinating.  I just had to check out "Dangerous Experiments" though it

had disappointingly few links.

Did I ever mention the geologist-turned-radtech I met at INEEL who

offered in-home rad surveys for the public?  He managed to amass quite a

collection of dinosaur bone fossils because they can be quite

radioactive and most homeowners were only too happy to get rid of them.

Susan Gawarecki