Re: A respectable end to radon debate needed

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Gary Howard wrote:

> May I kindly suggest waiting to see what the NCRP says?

> If they say smoking data is a problem, Field is right!

	--If they explain why my treatment is faulty, I would carefully

consider what they say

> Dr. Cohen, you said before that the group includes a physicist – will

> you accept NCRP opinion?

	--If the opinion shows that input from the physicist was

considered, I would give it very careful consideration. I worry that the

physicist may be outvoted.

> Yes or no is all we need to hear, not another debate!

	--I need to hear rational explanations of what might be wrong with

my treatment, very preferably with concrete hypothetical examples.

	Frankly, I am worried by the fact that the NCRP Committee has

never discussed with me criticisms of my work, and never given me the

opportunity to respond to such criticisms.

	In my experience, differences are resolved by back and forth

discussion, with each side understanding and considering what the other

side is saying.