Re: And Now...The Rokke World Tour!

Here the letter I just sent to the "Advertiser" in Australia:

Dear Editor:

I read your article, “Troops Radiation Warning,” with chagrin. The article is well written and reports, probably accurately, what you were told. My chagrin comes from what you were told. I hope that you will challenge Dr. Rokke’s unsubstantiated claims.

Find out what field his doctorate is in and determine whether he is really the expert he claims he is. Ask him to provide the names of the members of “his” team that have died since the Gulf War. Require him to provide a urine sample and have a radiochemistry laboratory analyze it for uranium. Ask him about his experience as an amateur actor and consider this when you witness his theatrics.

Research the scientific literature and interview local independent physicians and scientists about what is known about the biological effects of uranium and determine the probability and thresholds for those effects. Match the known effects and their associated thresholds to the effects Dr. Rokke is claiming.

Then compare the results of your fact checking with Dr. Rokke’s rants during his upcoming month-long tour of your fair country. Please report this to your readers. I would like to know how this turns out. I already know the answers, but it would be better for you to find out for yourself.

Sincerely,

Robert N. Cherry, Jr., Ph.D.
Certified Health Physicist
Colonel, U.S. Army (retired)