RE: Digital X-Ray Can Scan Body in 13 Seconds

Diamonds come in a range of sizes.  The largest are the rarest, as one

might expect.  The "ore" is kimberlite, which I recall being described

as similar to a hard clay.  A large diamond would be obvious in the

matrix and fairly easy to dislodge with a pocket knife.  By the way,

kimberlite is a type of gassy igneous rock that is emplaced rapidly into

the earth's crust, characterized more by great pressure than high

temperature.  Some discussion about formation of diamonds is found at

http://brysonburke.com/barren_lands.html

I like Earnie Faillance's idea of random screening with the X-ray.

Combine that with zero tolerence for theft (being fired at the first

offense) and I expect that would be an effective deterrent.

Thanks everyone for the variety of responses I received.  Obviously

there is no "right" answer, but the question generated a lot of

thoughtful discussion.

Susan Gawarecki

--

Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director

Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee

102 Robertsville Road, Suite B, Oak Ridge, TN 37830

Toll free 888-770-3073 ~ www.local-oversight.org