Re: LNT and resources [Was: Scientific responsibility]

John,

I should also mention that your c-arm had the benefit of a roughly 50%

attenuation due to gypsum, but a 511 photon dose is higher on the

other side of such a wall due to buildup.

About taking credit for the concrete slab.  Typical construction is about

3" low density concrete poured over a 1 mm corrugated steel pan.  For

PET isotopes, there is not much credit to be had there.  It takes

roughly 10x as much regular density concrete as it does Pb to produce

a given attenuation for 511 keV.

-Gary Isenhower