Re: LNT and resources [Was: Scientific responsibility]

John,

Yes, for new construction the I think you are correct.  What bothers me is that existing

imaging centers and hospitals face a significant problem if they want to add PET to the

diagnostic tools they offer.  That problem is largely due to the influence of LNT pushing

dose limits down to ridiculous levels.

-Gary Isenhower

Date sent:      	Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

From:           	John Jacobus <crispy_bird@yahoo.com>

Gary,

I agree about the cost differences in a PET facility.

My comment went to the idea that construction costs

for items like shielding or ventilation are often

factored into the budget and are "recovered" over the

life of the facility.