Re: Radon and Lung Cancer: What the studies really say.

Prof Field,

Selection of location could easily discredit those case control studies'

application to other areas.

For example, radon in homes of cases and controls c100 Bq/m3 will be

found associated with LOWER lung cancer county mortality rates than

homes with USA average c50 Bq/m3 or less! That "U" curve is non-linear

and does not fit LNT and persists with hundreds of confounders

calculated separately.

Am CA Soc was wrong in applying your 1% outlier Iowa data to the

generalization, "Radon causes lung cancer", without specifying dose.

Most of the USA would appear to have LESS lung cancer if it had MORE

RADON!

Howard Long