Re: Concrete Ecologic Example Myth

The points below answer your question, it is a myth to formulate a concrete

example when your summary data is so poor.  What you are asking is for someone

to explain why your data is so bad since you can't figure out why it is

yielding an inverse association.

You have a negative association between smoking and radon. Your lung cancer

mortality rates do not accurately represent actual lung cancer incidence rates

for the time period of interest. Lung cancer is co-correlated to the other SES

variables by varying degrees within a county.

If you really need a concrete example, you could perform a series Monte Carlo

analyses with varying degrees of correlation between the smoking data (within

county) and confounding (SES) socioeconomic variables. I am not funded to do

this and have many more pressing issues.  Better yet, use the methods I sent

you to improve upon your analyses by looking at within group variation.

But, we still disagree that you are even testing the LNT given all the non

supported assumptions you made in deriving your own LNT formula.  All the

asumptions you made in your derivation have led to your findings and the model

mispecification.