RE: Radon, smoking and LNT

John,

I find it surprising that no one can come up with a simple concrete statement, that is

both plausible and consistent with LNT, about what is thought to be wrong with the data.

If I just made up numbers, THAT would be bad data, good for nothing.  But Cohens

data, while it may not be accurate to 10 decimal places, is not just made up.  It is a

more or less good description of radon and lung Ca.  Whatever uncertainties there are

in the data, we ought to be able to put an upper limit on them and state plausibly why

we are assigning those uncertainties.  Once we have done so, it should be fairly simple

to show that it either is or is not consistent with LNT.

The repeated appeal to an unknown confounder or confounders sounds way too much

like "we KNOW radon causes excess Ca, so your data HAS to be wrong."

-Gary Isenhower

From:           	John Jacobus <crispy_bird@YAHOO.COM>

Subject:        	RE: Radon, smoking and LNT