person-to-person dose

I am trying to find the annual dose a person receives being about 1 foot away from another person based on  the standard adult's K-40 content.  I remember reading it somewhere but do not find it in either Kathren's or Eisenbud's books.  A rought calculation gives a dose on the order of 0.5 mrem which is in the ballpark of what I remember.  A more concise value and a reference would be appreciated.

Kjell Johansen

Point Beach Nuclear Plant

kjell.johansen@nmcco.com