Re: Detailed evidence fails to support man-made climate change

Nothing was mentioned about promoting a political agenda. Whether the

agenda is pro or con nuclear, the important information is the content,

not the messenger. We both understand that some politicians are more

devoid of content than others. Likewise, we both understand that a

politician is elected to push a political agenda. It really remains the

ideal case that content properly is more important than who conveys that

content. I submit no case, however, that we are in an ideal world. One

of the beauties of science is that both the messenger and his content

may be charged with lying; the latter is a testable hypothesis, the

former is not as easily dealt with.

The consensus of atmospheric and climate scientists is that there is not

sufficient evidence and knowledge on which to base any policies so

drastic as the Kyoto Accord.  They now also generally agree that none of

the four principal GCM's (general circulation models) are able to

provide an adequate basis for such policy decisions. Models do not help

either way as yet. And thus far, the balance of evidence appears to

support beneficial effects of increased atmospheric CO2. Many

dissertations lie between here and there .... <g>

PP=PPP