Re: Detailed evidence fails to support man-made climate change

Sorry if I seem over reactive to this issue, but when

you have a politician from a party affiliated with an

administration that opposed environmental laws, that

campaigned against those environmental laws already in

place, I tend to think he might have an ulterior

motive rather then the well-being of the country and

its citizens.

After all is the good senator saying that we need more

good studies or that we should scrap all the laws we

now have in place?

--- maury <maury@webtexas.com> wrote:

> Nothing was mentioned about promoting a political

> agenda. Whether the

> agenda is pro or con nuclear, the important

> information is the content,

> not the messenger. We both understand that some

> politicians are more

> devoid of content than others. Likewise, we both

> understand that a

> politician is elected to push a political agenda. It

> really remains the

> ideal case that content properly is more important

> than who conveys that

> content. I submit no case, however, that we are in

> an ideal world. One

> of the beauties of science is that both the

> messenger and his content

> may be charged with lying; the latter is a testable

> hypothesis, the

> former is not as easily dealt with.

> The consensus of atmospheric and climate scientists

> is that there is not

> sufficient evidence and knowledge on which to base

> any policies so

> drastic as the Kyoto Accord.  They now also

> generally agree that none of

> the four principal GCM's (general circulation

> models) are able to

> provide an adequate basis for such policy decisions.

> Models do not help

> either way as yet. And thus far, the balance of

> evidence appears to

> support beneficial effects of increased atmospheric

> CO2. Many

> dissertations lie between here and there .... <g>

> PP=PPP

> . . .

=====

-- John