Re: Ulterior motives

 John,

   It is easy to attribute ulterior motives to anyone who promotes an agenda

that we might disagree with. For example, how about those politicians who

pander to public fears of  possible "global warming" in order to promote

their anti-industry, anti-development, anti free enterprise, Luddite type

views. Aren't they pretty much the same ones who flaunt the nuclear power

bogey man by warning of certain doom should a nuclear waste shipment pass

near our neighborhood, and who caused thousands of unnecessary abortions to

occur during the post-Chernobyl hysteria. I guess that to those involved in

government sponsored  research on cimatology or waste management , such

politicians would be considered heroes.

It will probably never happen, but wouldn't it be nice if these issues could

be judged purely on their scientific merits.

            Jerry